RN - Psychiatric
Moab Regional Hospital is a 17 bed, non-profit, Critical Care Access Hospital in Moab, UT seeking a Psychiatric Nurse for new mental health integration programming within a primary care outpatient practice setting. This position is needed to support MRH outpatient mental health and recovery services department. The role of the nurse will be to work directly with providers within the clinic, assist with patient evaluation, enhance clinical relationships, provide patient support in person and by phone, and perform specific programmatic duties as assigned. Grant funding for this position requires some integration with Recovery Clinic so this position will work closely with a nursing case manager to run a Contingency Management program. Pay range is $31-$39/hour DOE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate for and partner with patients while tracking objective measures.
- Work with a team of medical professionals and mental health providers to implement a comprehensive mental health care plan based on patient medical history, details of their personal life, current illness and ongoing progress of care.
- Assist with various administrative duties, such as patient scheduling, taking vitals, performing follow up phone calls.
- Deliver medications, if appropriate, during outpatient visits in collaboration with physician staff.
- Track wellbeing through screening tools, office visits, phone follow up (such as following ED visits) and communicate pertinent changes to care team.
- Identify obstacles to receiving care and risk factors for patient decompensation.
- Track labs, when indicated, and coordinate needed follow up with medical team members.
- Assist in educating patients and caretakers on different treatment options and resources available, under supervision of psychiatrist.
- Stay up to date on latest treatments under the direction of department head.
- Work with insurance companies to help patients receive the most cost-effective care available.
- Ability to educate other nursing staff in working with high risk and demanding patient groups when needed.
What makes Moab Regional Hospital a great place to work?
· Wide range of benefits, including insurance, retirement, and paid time off
· Collaborative and supportive workplace
· Professional growth opportunities including continuing education, trainings, and more!
Our people make the difference. We promote from within and support our staff as they build careers in healthcare. Our employees are energetic, collaborative, and passionate about serving our community. You can enjoy steady work and still have plenty of time to enjoy all that the Moab area has to offer.
- Bachelors or Associates of Science in Nursing. BSN preferred.
- At least one year of clinical nursing experience.
- Strong computer skills for managing data input, tracking patient outcomes, using medical record, and scheduling appointments.
- Experience with screening tools such as PHQ-9, GAD-7, AUDIT, etc. or willingness to be trained.
Moab Regional Hospital is proud to be a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job ad is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.