OPNS RN Oncology Nurse Navigator - Part Time
The RN nurse navigator will provide direct patient care and comprehensive coordination of care for patients undergoing cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care. The primary goals of navigation are to eliminate barriers to timely care, facilitate flow through the medical system, facilitate interactions with oncologists and primary care physicians, increase patient and provider satisfaction, maintain point of contact with providers and serve as the first point of contact for patients and families. The Oncology nurse navigator is responsible for the coordination of patient care across the continuum within the physician’s prescribed plan of care. The nurse navigator will perform duties within the RN scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of Moab Regional Hospital. This position provides great variety with direct and indirect patient care. This is a great opportunity for the RN to provide compassionate professional oncology nursing guidance and support to patients and their families through their cancer journey. This position is part-time at 20 hours per week. The hours will include clinic twice monthly with the visiting oncologist here at Moab Regional Hospital as well as onsite visits with the oncology patients for care coordination. Care coordination services in part can be completed from home or office. Pay range is $31-$39/hour DOE.
- Meet with patients and caregivers to review their treatment goals, expectations and concerns.
- Provide education and information to the patient and family, helping to make the care seamless continuous and comprehensive.
- Responds to patient requests for information regarding the disease process, expected side effects of treatment and community resources.
- Assist in scheduling physician appointments, lab, radiology services, chemotherapy and supportive treatments.
- Assure that labs, radiology and chemotherapy services provided to the patient are forwarded to the oncologist and/or primary care teams as appropriate.
- Assist in the prior authorization process with the patient’s insurance company for oncology and related services to prevent delays.
- Supports the patient during difficult decision-making periods.
- Administer chemotherapy and supportive therapy to patients in the Outpatient Nursing Service department.
- Provide clinical nursing in the outpatient clinic at Moab Regional Hospital for the visiting oncologist.
- Work with the medical providers, patient care staff and clinic management in the planning and implementation of patient and staff education
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures.
- Assists with the departments objectives for continuous quality improvement and patient satisfaction.
What makes Moab Regional Hospital a great place to work?
- Year Round Employment
- Collaborative and Supportive Workplace
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Full Benefits: Insurance, Retirement, Ongoing Education, and more
Our people make the difference. We promote from within and support our staff as they build careers in healthcare and related fields. Our administration, medical staff, and non-clinical staff work closely together to foster a fast-paced work environment and a positive work-life balance. With reliable schedules and year-round employment, you can enjoy steady work and still have time to enjoy all that the Moab area has to offer.
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience.
- Current, unencumbered Utah or compact state RN license.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Completion of the ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy training with renewal every 2 years. Can be completed within six months of hire.
- Completion of the ONS nurse navigation educational training. Can be completed within six months of hire.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to maintain such in situations with rapidly changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both orally and in writing, with providers, co-workers, patients, and patient families.
- Must possess high level of self-motivation and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and emotionally mature.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including oral, written, and listening.
- Ability to work in a confidential manner.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team.
- Must possess high levels of self-motivation and -management.
- Must have a positive attitude. Must be flexible and willing to accept other responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in use of basic word processing, data entry and electronic medical records.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Moab Regional Hospital is proud to be a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
All positions are subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.